Faith. Inspiration. Fashion & More.
What is fear?
As you think about that question I am certain your mind reflects back to a moment where you experienced fear. Fear is a dangerous thing when it has reached the point of crippling us from living a balanced life.
The profound and well respected Charles Stanley once said
"Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins."
Below you will find a motivational video with some golden nuggets
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Synonyms: foreboding, apprehension, consternation, dismay, dread, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation, qualm. Antonyms: courage, security, calm, intrepidity.
2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights. Synonyms: phobia, aversion; bête noire, bogy, bogey, bugbear. Antonyms: liking, fondness, penchant, predilection.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone’s safety.
4. reverential awe, especially toward God: the fear of God. Synonyms: awe, respect, reverence, veneration.
5. something that causes feelings of dread or apprehension; something a person is afraid of: Cancer is a common fear.
Fear exists in many areas of our lives and so often we do not acknowledge those feelings of fear much more relate them to our behaviors or thoughts. When we operate under fear we experience stagnancy in our personal life and even in our relationships with others. It causes you to experience a lack of growth and opportunities connected to meaningful interactions or events. Opinions, phobias, anxiety, the thought of failing and an array of various emotions can cloud our mind. Our mental capacities are filled with bombarding messages so badly that it can be difficult to function at our truest potential.
Do we really need to be afraid or is it just our mindset?
Many people over think situations which can create fear. Fear then creates stress. Depending how we use our mind, we can really create different outcomes. Positive self-talk and having a positive mindset is very important as we go through the various trials in our lives.
I want you to ask yourself ” if I change my mindset will I still be afraid?”.
If you are experiencing fear in your life today be encouraged because God reminds us that we can cast our cares on him. (1 Peter 5:7 NIV). His word states, "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy"(Psalm 94:19 NIV)
We do not have to fear because Godly consolation brings joy!
So remember fear is simply False Evidence Appearing Real and when we trust God to see us through we find the strength to Face Everything And Rise. God desires for us to live a life where faith trumps fears and as we, His children are victorious. (Conclusion by Fefe Nelson @Focusedfefe)
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.